The use of best practice increases understanding and awareness, and also improves performance and efficiency. To support the implementation of best practice methods and techniques that consistently produce results, ORCA will assist your organisation in reviewing and updating your manuals and tool-kits to meet all of your Policy and Procedure needs. Workshops will be conducted to ensure the appropriate involvement in the development of the manual or tool-kit by all stakeholders.
We will review and update existing material to be in line with legislation pertaining to your organisation and industry, best practice and the King III Report on Corporate Governance. ORCA will also consider the application of relevant provisions of the new Companies Act, Public Finance Management Act, Municipal Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations and other relevant legislation and prescripts.
We also develop Board Induction Tool-kits, including the following as contents:
- The Government as Shareholder
- The different roles played by policy Departments and National Treasury
- The importance of statutory compliance (legislative and regulatory), e. g. PFMA, MFMA, Companies Act of 2008, as amended, King III Report, etc.
- Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Role of different Board committees
- Role of the Company Secretary
- The importance of Board performance and appraisal; and
- Development of Board-Committee-specific induction programmes (Remuneration Committee, Nominations and Governance Committee, Transformation Committee, Credit and Asset and Liability Committees, Audit and Risk Committee and Social and Ethics Committee)